Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Fabric Pumpkin


Well an alternative to decorating with real pumpkins is to make some fake pumpkins..:) You can make fabric pumpkins or can even make paper pumpkins, which I showed here in this post.




To make fabric pumpkins, you'll need:
-----------------------------------------------
- A rectangle piece of fabric.
- Needle and Thread
- Batting to fill the pumpkin
- Twine

Steps:
-------
- Take the rectangle piece of fabric and with the right side up bring together the short edges together and stitch along the edges. (For my pumpkin, I cut the fabric out from a sleeve of one of the dresses, so this stitch was already done.)


- Still with the right side up, make a running stitch all along the edge of one of the open ends.


- and then pull the thread, so that the fabric at that end starts to come together. It will now look like a pouch.


- Flip the pouch right side out and stuff the batting in.


- Make the running stitch at the open end and pull the thread to close the pumpkin.
- Now take a twine and wrap around the pumpkin a few times to add ridges.


- For stem, I used a small stick which I found in the yard to stick in the middle.



To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

16 comments:

  1. Pretty darned clever! Please come and share at Five Star Frou-Frou! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi! Heading over there now...:)

      Delete
  2. Hello Priyam,
    You have made the cutest pumpkin! I love the pretty fabric you use too. I co-host a blog party on Monday's called Cooking and Crafting with J & J. I would love to have you come and join us and share this craft. Thanks and have a lovely weekend.
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie for your comment and your invite!
      You are too sweet.. I will be heading your way to join in the fun...:)

      Delete
  3. Really cute! Great idea. Thanks for linking up with Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it`s really cute . well done :)
    You are welcome to join my BlogParty
    SATURDAY SHOW OFF
    Hugs from Håkan in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to join the party..thank you for the invite..:)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priyam I have my daughter on the hop making these for Halloween here in Australia. So clever! Thanks again for sharing at Five Star Frou-Frou! Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! Thanks for Linking up on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday! Hope to see you again! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable little pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and easy tutorial! Shared on my Pumpkin Board on Pinterest. Thanks for linking up to the Halloween Hop!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and a great way to use scraps! Thank you for sharing this tutorial at The Halloween Blog Hop and $100 Giveaway! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete