Who doesn't like a recyling project. Convert a brown paper bag into this cute little basket. Thought about posting this for Earth Day, but I am a day late..:(
Anyways, here are the instructions.
Brown Paper bag
- Cut out and remove the base of the bag.
- Now open up your bag and cut it into 1.5" strips. ( I got 18 strips).
- Cut two of the strips into half and attach the half strips to four of the other strips. So now you have 12 strips of the same shorter length and 4 longer ones.
- Fold all the 16 strips like the picture below and glue it.
- Weave 12 of the shorter strips like the picture below to make the base of the basket and glue the four corners of the base, so that it easier when you weave the sides.
-After you have made the base, fold the remaing part of the strips so it stands up, so as to make the sides. (maybe the picture below can help understand..:))
- Now take the longer strips and start weaving the sides. The first side strip might be difficult to weave. You can use paper clips to hold your work in place while you weave.
- Admire your artwork.