Last weekend, I was cleaning up the piles and piles of magazines that we have collected and thought it was time to get rid of old ones. But instead of just throwing or giving it away, I wanted to see if I can do or make somethings with it. So, one of the things that I made from it, was these folded Christmas tree.
It also reminded me of another paper Christmas tree that I made last year with old magazines and it happens to be one of my popular posts too..:) . Check it out here, to see how I made this one
There are other paper Christmas trees that I have made in the past. Click here to check how I made these.
Or check here to see this one.
Getting back to making this Christmas tree now.
- A magazine
- Take out the cover of the magazine. This is so all the folded pages are same thickness. Usually the cover page has thick, so I removed it.
- Start with the first page. Bring the top right corner to the center line of the magazine and press it.
- Fold it again by bringing the folded edge to the center line and press it.
- You will see a portion of the page hanging below the boundary of the magazine. We need to fold this up. To do that, open up the last fold you just made. Because of that fold, you can see the crease line.
- Fold up the bottom corner till up the crease line you got using the previous step.
- Then fold the page at the crease line previously made in the second step and bring to the center.
- Keep folding all the pages the same way.
- After you have folded all the pages, you will get a nice looking tree..:)
There you have it. A perfectly folded Christmas tree. Decorate with buttons or pom-poms if you want to add some color to it.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin