Monday, December 29, 2014

Twig/Rustic Christmas Tree


I often collect twigs during my walks outside, hoping I will use it in some of my projects. So, here I was with some twigs and wondering what I could make. Then a wonderful idea struck my mind to make some twigs Christmas trees. But I was not the only one who had this wonderful idea. After I made this tree, I searched online and it seems like the twig Christmas tree is in style and there are different versions of these trees that you can make.



Here is my version.


I arranged the twigs to look like a tree. When I was happy with the arrangement, then I tied the twigs with the twine, making knots in between the twigs so they are spaced a little. 

You can also glue the sticks on a cardboard paper and frame it to make the Christmas tree art. But I tied a little loop at the top to hang these as ornaments in our Christmas tree. 


Check this dried sticks or twig wreath that I made some time back.


To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

21 comments:

  1. I need to make some twig projects. I've been seeing so many I like lately. This one is super cute! Thanks for sharing it with Hump Day Happenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! I have seen some wonderful twig projects too and want to try making some. Hopefully one of these days, I will...:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Cyndee for stopping by and leaving me a comment..:)

      Delete
  3. love it my style of decorating is rustic and this would fit in nicely
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simple yet lovely craft. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!! Laura@Baking in Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So,so beautiful things you have made..I love them all:)
    xoxoxo,
    Marinela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your twig projects! I think I might be able to do a little tree like yours, but would make it from driftwood I have picked up on the beach. The twig wreath I'm sure I could make from the zillions of twigs that wind up in our yard. I'll look at them with a new eye now! Thanks for sharing--I saw your link on A Stroll Thru Life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by RuthAnne and leaving a comment. We all sometimes need an inspiration and I am glad you found some crafty inspiration through one of my projects...:)

      Delete
  8. Fabulous! I love all crafts using materials from the great outdoors. There's so much inspiration from nature. We also finished our version of a Christmas tree using driftwood this past Fall and it's definitely one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas goes natural ... just the way I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also like the natural, simple look. Can't beat that 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the wreath.May try to makeone some time

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great idea, and I love the wreath too! Thank you for sharing at the Holidays Celebration Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Featured today! Congratulations and thank you again for sharing! (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/12/holidays-celebration-link-party-2-features.html)

      Delete
    2. And thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party too!

      Delete
  13. This is too cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! and out of sticks is so awesome. Thanks for sharing at the Wednesday Showcase party!

    ReplyDelete