I made some with colorful magazine paper and some with just black text on white paper. They both are nice, but I like the colorful ones much better.
-Magazine or any printed paper.
- Take a page out of a magazine or an old text book and cut the page in half lengthwise.
- Take one half of the paper and fold in half lengthwise and then open it up. So you get a mark for the center line of the paper.
- Bring the two long edges of the paper to the center mark.
- Fold again, by bringing the long edges again to the center of the paper.
- After that fold in half to get a strip of paper sturdy enough to coil.
- Make lot of strips like these. And then start coiling. In the picture below I show how I started coiling. You need to coil tighter and keep gluing as you go. In the picture the coil is loose, since I wanted the picture to be clear in showing how I am coiling the strips. Once you are done with one strip, take another strip and keep on coiling.
- Once you are happy with the size of the coaster, you can glue the end of the strip.
- You can seal the coaster with 2 or 3 coats of mod-podge.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.