Made these using this recipe and everybody loved it. It was the perfect size, not being too big, but still satisfying your craving for that smooth deliciousness...:)
I topped each with different toppings. I couldn't figure which topping to use, so I used caramel on some, strawberry on some and since we had these during Thanksgiving, I topped some with cranberry sauce too. I tried all different variations and I couldn't decide which one I liked better. I liked all the them..:).
For Cheesecake cupcake, you'll need:
2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
3 Tbsp granulated sugar
7 Tbsp salted butter, melted
4 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
Caramel, strawberry or cranberry sauce to top the cupcakes
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together crushed graham crackers with 3 Tbsp granulated sugar.
- Add the melted butter and mix it all together.
- Divide this mixture among 24 lined muffin cups. Press this mixture down in each of the cups using the back of a small spoon.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- To prepare the filling, whisk together 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar with 3 Tbsp flour.
- Add the softened cream cheese and blend in low speed.
- Then add eggs one at a time and keep blending.
- Add vanilla, sour cream and heavy cream till just combined.
- Tap mixing bowl against the counter top to release some of the air bubbles.
- Pour this filling in the cups, over the prepared crust, filling each cup nearly full.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes. Do not overbake, centers should be jiggly. If it starts to crack that means it is starting to overbake.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely. Cover loosely with a plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Serve it chilled with a spoonful of caramel or strawberry sauce.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.