I made it with sheets from an old magazine, but you can use any paper of your choice. You can make with one color or alternate with different colors.
An old magazine
A plate or a bowl to trace the circle on the paper
A piece of ribbon if you want to hang the ball.
1. Place the plate on a sheet of paper. Trace and cut out the circle.
2. Now fold the circle in 12 equal parts. To do this start by folding the circle piece of paper in half.
4. Fold in three parts, like the picture below.
6. Unfold the piece of paper and you will have this, basically a circle with 12 notches.
8. Cut the 15 sheets of circle out
10. Fold the stack of sheets in half along the stapled line.
11. Now open up one sheet at a time. When you open up the first sheet, put a dab of glue at the alternate notch and stick the next sheet on it.
12. On the next sheet, put a dab of glue at the alternate notch than on the previous page, so if on the first page you put glue at 1st, 3rd and 5th notches, then on the second page you will put glue at 2nd and 4th.
13. Keep alternating at the next pages, till all the pages are glued. Let the glue dry. When dried if you spread the pages apart you will have something like this.
14. You now have half of the honeycomb ball made. Repeat the above steps to make the second half of the ball in the same way.
15. To join the two together, have the two sets side by ready. Do not spread the sheets yet. Loop a ribbon, or a twine in my case and stick it on the back of one of the stacks. Now put glue at the alternating notches at the last page of one stack and stick the first sheet of another stack on it. Do it for the other end of the stack too. When you stick both the stacks together, you will have to spread the sheets apart and you can see the honeycomb ball being formed.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.