These paper folded ornaments is a great way to recycle old books lying around. You can fold into different ways to make different shapes.
You can even string or glue them in a string, like multiple ornaments in a string for a backdrop.
Here are the steps I used to fold one of the ornaments.
Take a book with more than 100 pages and remove the cover of the book. We just need pages to work with.
- Start by folding a page in half vertically
- Bring and fold the top corner in and align along the center edge.
- Bring the bottom of the page to meet the folded edge just like the picture below. I had to tear the page a little at the seams in order to do that. Look at the picture please. I hope picture will explain much better than I can put in words..:)
- Now fold up the bottom corner to bring to the center edge
- Glue a string to hang the ornaments. I added some beads at the bottom and tied a knot.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin