Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Paper Folded Ornaments


These paper folded ornaments is a great way to recycle old books lying around. You can fold into different ways to make different shapes.
You can even string or glue them in a string, like multiple ornaments in a string for a backdrop.



Here are the steps I used to fold one of the ornaments.



Take a book with more than 100 pages and remove the cover of the book. We just need pages to work with.

- Start by folding a page in half vertically


- Bring and fold the top corner in and align along the center edge.



- Bring the bottom of the page to meet the folded edge just like the picture below. I had to tear the page a little at the seams in order to do that. Look at the picture please. I hope picture will explain much better than I can put in words..:)



- Now fold up the bottom corner to bring to the center edge


- Keep folding all the pages, till you have a full ornament shape.
- Glue a string to hang the ornaments. I added some beads at the bottom and tied a knot.



To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

47 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. How are you by the way. Your crafts always wonderful to try with. Love and hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal for your kind words..:)
      I am doing fine and waiting to do something fun this summer..I just don't know what yet..:D
      Hope you are well and I appreciate you stopping by..:) Much love to you.

      Delete
  2. can't wait to try this one. Thanks for sharing with us at #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute and a great way to use up old books. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priyam, your folded ornaments are so sweet. Love these.
    Visiting today from #AnyThingGoes Linky #63&64

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic . Love the addition of the beads. I'm pinning to my paper crafting board. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you please show how to fold the diamond shaped ornament in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete