Sometime back, I guess during the spring cleaning or maybe during summer cleaning at work, one of my colleagues took out a number of old books from his office. I love books, not necessarily to read though..:D.. I started getting ideas about what to make with those books... And one of those ideas was these cute little houses... looks cute, right?
I made one of those houses and my little one made the other. Its that easy to make...
1 book - any number of pages will do..I think any book with more than 200 pages will work great. In the above picture, the left house was done with around 600 pages and the right one was done with 250 pages. It will just depend on how dense you want the sides of your house to look. I did the 600 pages first and then when my daughter did the house with lesser pages, I was like I spent all that time folding pages and hers looked just as good..:D
Anyways to the steps to make these houses
- Remove the cover of the book.
- Start by folding the first page in half lengthwise, just like the picture below.
- Fold the top corner of the page to bring it to the center of the page and press the page down.
- Flip this page over. Then to the second page, fold the bottom corner to bring to the center edge, just like the picture below.
- Fold the top corner and bring to the center edge
- Start tearing from the bottom of this page till half and fold up, like the pictures below.
- Keep repeating what you did to the first 2 pages to the rest of the pages.
- When you are done just spread out the pages to form a full circle.
I liked how it looked from the top too.
Here are some more shots.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top. And to look for other Birthday inspiration, please click on the 'Birthday' label on the right.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin