I had cherry pie filing sitting in my pantry for quiet sometime and didn't know what new thing I could make with it. And then I saw this recipe at Chengand3Kids few days back and loved it. Thanks Ritchil!
Though the original recipe used strawberry filling, I used cherry pie filling instead, since that is what I had
I followed the recipe which she has listed on her website.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup canned strawberry/cherry pie filling
confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Baking Pam in a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the granulated sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
-Spread the dough evenly in the prepared pan. With a small, sharp knife (or toothpick), score into twenty-four 2-inch squares.
- Place a teaspoon of pie filling in the center of each scored square.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into squares and then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.