Saturday, March 8, 2014

Crepe Paper Rosettes


Continuing on my series of crepe paper flowers, today I am posting the crepe paper rosettes. Yesterday while watching a movie, I made a bunch of rosettes with the crepe paper I had in hand. You can use these rosettes in whatever way you like. I used it to stick it in the Styrofoam ball.




You'll need:
-------------
Crepe Paper streamers.
Glue.


Steps:
-------
- Fold the streamer in half. I didn't start with any particular length of streamer. I had a whole roll of streamer and kept folding the streamer in half as I went along.


- Start by rolling the streamer, may be like 5-6 times.


- After you have rolled the streamer a few times, twist the streamer once and then roll again.


- Keep twisting and rolling depending on how big you want the flower to be. As you go along twisting and rolling keep gluing once in a while to keep the flower in place.
- Once you are satisfied with the size of the flower,  cut off the streamer and glue the end of the streamer at the back of the flower. There, you have a nice looking rosette.

- I made a bunch of these rosettes.


- After I made quiet a few of these, I went looking for what to stick it on. The only thing I could find was this badly beaten up styrofoam ball. Oh well, it was perfect, since it will be covered up anyways, after I put these rosettes.


- Keep gluing the rosettes to the ball, till the whole ball is covered.


- This was pretty as it is, but I glued some pearls in between the rosettes. What do you think, like it ?


Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

33 comments:

  1. These would look cute for any occasion-white for weddings, red for Christmas! Great idea, Priyam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Irene.
      I think putting a ribbon to hang it as decoration would look great too...:)

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Thanks for sharing this lovely idea! Love the little pearls!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana for the visit and your comment.

      Delete
  3. What a fun rosette-ball! I love the color and the pearls add a LOT!!
    Happy St. Patties!! :)
    x Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tutorial for these sweet blossoms! I can hardly wait to make some. Found you through Ivy & Elephants party. Thanks for the great idea of what to do with my crepe paper!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Marie...:)
      And thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment..Appreciate it..

      Delete
  5. I am so going to try this. You could make a pretty bridal bouquet. I would love for you to share at Bacon Time linky, if you have not already. Thanks for the great idea. I make my fabric rosettes pretty much the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Mindie, it will make for a great bouquet.

      Thanks for your comment and the invitation to join the linky. Heading there right now...:)

      Delete
  6. This wonderful post is being featured on my blog in the "Tuesdays with a Twist" blog hop. If you get a chance, please stop by and grab a "featured" button:
    Thanks
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!
      Thank you so much for the feature Angelique!

      Delete
  7. That's very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute project! Thank you so much for linking up at Redouxinteriors. I am featuring today at my party, starts at 1:00 PST. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!!
      Thank you so much for the feature. You just made my day...:)

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful - I so have to pin it !!!
    thanks for sharing ( coming by via Redoux ! )
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzan for the visit and your comment and ofcourse for pinning too...:)

      Delete
  10. Well it looks like I might could just do that also, these would look great in a huge glass bowl , I really like the added pearls ,they just make it.
    Of course I will have to use white or blue streamer papers
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It will look great in a glass bowl.
      Go for it!!

      Thanks for the visit and your comment.Appreciate it..:)

      Delete
  11. What a great tutorial. thank you for sharing it at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your pretty Crepe Paper Rosettes! I'll be featuring you this week at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for the feature...:)

      Delete
  13. I've been looking for something to use as coffee table bowl fillers... this might be an option. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be great as a bowl fillers...:) thank you Alisha for the visit.

      Delete
  14. Love it! These look so easy. I'm definitely pinning this for later. I think they we could awesome as DIY wedding decor too! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute! And I love the pearls. They add such a lovely, elegant touch! Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clever and crafty! Thanks for sharing. :) Found you via Wordless Wednesday at OMHG.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of your paper flower projects!! Super cute!! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you tomorrow!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This beautiful post was the Highest CLIMBer on the CLIMB this month - Congrats! You're being featured today on my blog: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/10/featuring-highest-climbers-for-october.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete