Saturday, March 15, 2014

Crepe Paper Flower



Here I go again...with another crepe flower.




You'll need:
---------------
Crepe paper
Glue
Scissors

Steps:
-------
-Cut 2 or 3 inches squares of crepe paper. I cut 8 squares and stack them together.



- Cut petals from the squares, like the picture below


- Using your finger or a pencil, you can roll the petals a little.


- Place and glue the petals just like the picture below. I did this by putting a dab of glue in the base of one of the petals, then placing a second petal on it. Then put a dab of glue on the second petal and place the third petal. Keep going till you have glued all your petals and it looks like a flower.


- To make the center of the petal, I used the crepe paper which was left over after cutting the petals from the square pieces. Crumple that and place in a small square piece of paper.



- Bring together the sides of the square together so that you cover up the crumpled pieces and it looks like a ball.


- Glue this ball in the center of the flower.




Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

23 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! And I love how versatile they can be too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Kersten. Thank you Kersten for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  2. Fun and festive... Glad you re-invented crepe paper. We played with it a lot when I was a kid, but I don't think I have ever pulled it out for mine! Can you believe it?
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!! :)
    x Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystelle. I know, growing up we used to do lot of party decorations using just these crepe papers. Now that I have started using it, I love how many different stuff can be made using these papers..

      Delete
  3. oh this is neat and perfect for an upcoming project!! Thank you :) pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..:)
      Glad to know that I was in time to make this post for your project...:)

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty. I will be making them for my shelf of spring pretties. Hello from Treasure Box Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sanghamitra!

      Hopping on to your blog now...:) Though I have visited your blog earlier too and I must say, I love the bright colors and your photography.

      Delete
  6. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute! Thanks for sharing on My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday...hope to see you again this week!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This fun & beautiful post is being featured on my blog today as part of Tuesdays with a Twist blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/09/time-to-link-up-tuesdays-with-twist-129.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete