Yet again, another crepe paper flower.
Needle and thread
Buttons or whatever you want to decorate the flower with.
- Take 3 strips of approximately 30" of crepe paper and stack them on top of each other. Then make a running stitch on the strips. You can even use a sewing machine to do this by setting it largest stitch possible. You can even make this with just one strip of streamer. I used three because I wanted my flower to be little fuller.
- After you have made the running stitch in the entire length of the strip, start pulling the thread on one end, so the strip starts gathering, just like the picture below. The strip will start to curl up a bit.
- Bring the strip in the form of a flower, by bringing the ends together. Depending on the length of the strip, it might overlap, you can cut the excess or let it overlap. I had extra as you can see from the above picture, but I let it overlap.
- You can stitch or glue the ends to keep the flower in place.
- You can use the flower as is or decorate the center with whatever you like.
If you like this, maybe you will like these other crepe paper flowers too.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.