Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Paper Pine Tree/Christmas Tree




I have been out of blogging for some time. Just got busy with things, but was itching to get back and do something. So started today with a simple paper pine tree. 
Its great as kids craft too and you can make these in no time, once you get to know how to fold the paper.




You'll need:
------------
A square piece of paper.




Steps:
------
- Fold the square piece of paper diagonally by bringing the two opposite corners of the paper together and then open it up.


- Now fold the paper diagonally again by bringing the other two corners together and then open it up again.


- Fold the paper in half by bringing the two sides together and then open it up.


- Fold the paper again in half by bringing the other two sides together and then open it up.


- Now taking all the creases you made as your guideline, fold the paper like the picture below. Basically you bring the two opposite corners of the paper and bring it inward and then press everything down, so you get a square folded piece of paper.


- Take right flap of the paper and bring to the center line and press it down to make the crease and then open it up again.


- Put your thumb in the flap you had just folded and taking the crease you just made, press the paper like the picture below.



- Fold back the paper in the middle and then repeat for the left flap.


- Then flip it over and repeat for the other two flaps. After you are done folding all the four flaps, you will get  a folded paper like this.


- In the picture above, you see the smaller triangle shaped folded paper at the bottom, cut that off.


- Now you have the bigger triangle shaped folded paper to work with. Cut slits on two sides of the folded triangle paper.


- Fold each flap of paper individually like the picture below.



- After you have folded each flap, spread out the flaps a little and you have a pine tree..:)


You might be interested in other paper Christmas tree that I made.


To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

33 comments:

  1. How fun and something my kids could do. Would love if you came and shared this on the Merry Monday link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erlene for stopping by and for the invite. I will most definitely join in on Monday...:)

      Delete
  2. Very clever and your tutorial is well done. I like both paper trees; will have to attempt to make one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The steps don't look too hard too, I could even do this. ;) Visiting from Fabulously Frugal party! Also, we'd love for you to link up to our party Motivational Monday! http://www.dwellinginhappiness.com/motivational-monday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Amanda, if I could do it, I am sure you can too..Thanks for visiting and I will join you on Monday..:)

      Delete
  4. Great craft! Pinning this for later when I am in the winter mood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. I think they would great on my mantle at Christmas...maybe with a little glitter on top? Pinning for sure! G'day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very neat! I had no idea you could do that with one piece of square paper! Thanks for linking up at Gingerly Made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make it look so easy. And this is something that won't cost much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Heidi, this does not cost much at all..:)
      Thanks for stopping by..

      Delete
  8. Did this with my 5th graders last Xmas. It's a great supplement to putz houses as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilou Patricia SandeSeptember 8, 2014 at 9:02 AM

    Love love love this! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up at Wonderful Wed. Blog Hop. I featured you on my fb page. Please come share again. Carrie, A Mother's Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...and elegant. I can appreciate that!! Thank you so much for linking up at Snickerdoodle Sunday- I hope you'll come back later this week with more makes!

    Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this & with such great instructions! Thank you for networking with us on the CLIMB!
    Angie
    godsgrowinggarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that I just commented a few days ago but I love this so much it is being featured on my blog today as part of "Tuesdays with a Twist" blog hop: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2014/09/time-to-link-up-tuesdays-with-twist_16.html
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an excellent tutorial! I just linked to it on my latest blog post: http://somuchtomake.blogspot.com/2014/12/glittered-origami-christmas-trees.html
    Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found you from So much to makes post, fab idea and so easy to, thanks.Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool trees! They look so elegant and yet are inexpensive to make.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Christmas trees. Thanks for sharing the how to with us. They are so unique. Now to find my scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tutorial on the paper trees. I'm going to make some with my girls. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These trees are so cute. I have to give them a try. Pinning.
    Thanks for sharing at Turn It Up Tuesday,
    Be

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that does look easy! Great idea to keep the kids busy or quick decorations for a party. Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty link party.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look so great. These are fun to make with the whole family around the kitchen table. Hope to seeing you again tomorrow at FineCraftguild when a new edition of SHARE IT starts. Thank you for linking this up! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are great! I am featuring these at my link party from last weeks The creative gallery link up. I am excited to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of your paper trees! I will be featuring you this week! Thanks for sharing on My 2 favorite Things on Thursday!! Hope to see you again this week (with out any glitches) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute!! You make it all look so simple too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You always make the most amazing things out of paper. Thank you for sharing these trees at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, these are amazingly beautiful! What a great craft!

    ReplyDelete