2 Large Potatoes
5 Tbsp. Gram flour
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
Oil for Frying
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan for frying.
- In a bowl, mix gram flour, cumin powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and make a paste by adding water. The consistency of the paste should be such, so that when you dip a potato slice in it and take it out, it should coat the potato well and is not very drippy.
- Coat each of the potato slices in the paste and slowly put the coated potatoes in hot oil and fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy it hot with tomato ketchup or green cilantro chutney.
Instead of potatoes you can use cauliflower, egg plant slices and onions too.