I love this fabric flower, because how full the flower looks. I have used these flowers on my daughter's hair clips, embellishing my sweaters, my bags... endless possibilities..:)
- Button to embellish
- Needle and thread.
- A small square or circle piece of felt. This is the piece on which we will stitch the flower. Maybe an inch in length if using a square or an inch or so diameter if using a circle
- Cut out 8 circles out of the fabric. I had 3.5" diameter circles. You can vary the size of the circle depending on how big you want the flower to be.
- Fold the circle into half.
- Fold from one edge of the semicircle so as to bring it to the middle, just like the picture below.
- Now fold the other edge of the semicircle and bring to the center, slightly overlapping the first fold.
- Stitch this piece on the piece of felt.
- Repeat for all the 8 circles and keep stitching all around on the piece of felt.
-I needed 8 petals to completely cover the felt and make the flower. You might need more or less depending on how dense you want the flower to be and how closely you stitched the petals together.
- After you finish stitching all the petals, embellish the flower by stitching a button on top of it.