I love scones, but didn't know how to make it or never even thought that it will be so easy to make. When I had a big bunch of strawberries from our recent trip to Costco and we still had a lot left even after just eating like that, I thought of making something with it. Then while looking through recipes, came across this Alton Brown's recipe for scones which I thought will be good to add the strawberries to.
Here goes the recipe for the scones.
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup cream
1 cup strawberries cut into small pieces.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons milk
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in butter and shortening.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Add the fruit and gently fold it in.
- Line the baking sheet with the parchment paper and sprinkle a bit with flour.
- Turn dough out onto the floured baking sheet and round it to a circle about 3/4" thick.
- Using the knife, slice the circle into 8 wedges. Or alternatively you can cut into biscuit shapes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
The scones are good just as is, but if you want to add some more sweetness, you can mix the sugar with little milk at a time to get to a dropping consistency and sprinkle over the scones.
To check other recipes, visit the Recipe tab at the top.
For crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin