Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fabric Flower






I love this fabric flower, because how full the flower looks. I have used these flowers on my daughter's hair clips, embellishing my sweaters, my bags...  endless possibilities..:)


You'll need:
----------------
- Fabric
- Button to embellish
- Scissors
- Needle and thread.
- A small square or circle piece of felt. This is the piece on which we will stitch the flower.  Maybe an inch in length if using a square or an inch or so diameter if using a circle

Steps:
------
- Cut out 8 circles out of the fabric. I had 3.5" diameter circles. You can vary the size of the circle depending on how big you want the flower to be.


- Fold the circle into half.


- Fold from one edge of the semicircle so as to bring it to the middle, just like the picture below.


- Now fold the other edge of the semicircle and bring to the center, slightly overlapping the first fold.



- Stitch this piece on the piece of felt.



- Repeat for all the 8 circles and keep stitching all around on the piece of felt.



-I needed 8 petals to completely cover the felt and make the flower. You might need more or less depending on how dense you want the flower to be and how closely you stitched the petals together.

- After you finish stitching all the petals, embellish the flower by stitching a button on top of it.



Linking this to these awesome parties here, here and here.

22 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome, Priyam. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Just added you to my google+ circle!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I am going to pin it.

    http://curiositaellya.blogspot.com/

    Have a nice day,
    Ellya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing this pretty flower idea. I'm going to make some!! Found you through Find a Friend Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!
      Thank you for stopping by..:)

      Delete
  5. Just learnt a new way of making fabric flowers...

    Nice tutorial; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abiola for stopping by and for following too. I followed you back..:)

      Delete
  6. I am also a fabric flower maker ... I like this one too. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I would love to see some of your fabric flowers too. I love making these, since I can use it in so many ways.

      Delete
  7. Hi,
    I saw you on the link party from chic on a shoestring decorating and though I would pop over to say hi and introduce myself.
    I am a new blogger from make-it-yourself mumma and I am just getting to know the ins and outs of the blogging world.

    I love this tutorial, I want to get into making fabric flowers but they always seem so hard to make, very intimidating for me, But this looks great, you have provided a fantastic tutorial so thanks :)
    Would love for you to check my blog out when you have the time, let me know what you think. I am still working on adding more soon :)
    http://make-it-yourselfmumma.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Missy for stopping by. I loved your blog and the tutorials.

      Delete
  8. Hi - I'm your newest follower from Find A Friend! I hope you will come over and check out my blog when you have a chance and follow me back. Your blog is super cute!

    Charity - http://humboldtcherry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charity for finding and following me..:)
      I will definitely check out your blog.

      Delete
  9. Found you through Find a Friend Friday..These are super cute.. thank you for posting

    Love and Hugs
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phoebe! Became your newest follower...:)

      Delete
  10. Found you on Sew Many Way. Love your blog!

    I would love for you to share and link up at my TGIF Link Party.
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/2013/05/tgif-link-party-2.html

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I would love to link up.
      And I just became your newest follower too...:)

      Delete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing this darling flower at A New Creation. I've been working on a wreath this week that I hope to share soon. I already made felt flowers but couldn't find exactly the right fabric flower. I'm going to try to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I can see myself making some for my daughter and make them into clips. Thanks for linking up! Hope to see more from you on the next party.

    ReplyDelete