This is a simple potato fry dish which is made in lot of Indian homes. Its easy and quick to prepare and tastes really good. My kids love it, just like they love French fries...:) I could say this is an Indian version of French fries. Well its not deep fried, but the way I cut the potatoes is like you would cut for French fries and what's an Indian food without little spices...:)
I don't exactly use any measurements to make this dish, everything is approximate and depends on the taste.
2 large Potatoes
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chilli powder(optional)
Oil - 2 Tsp.
Salt to taste
- Peel the Potatoes. Or you can even cook with skin on, just remember to scrub the potatoes really well to remove all the dirt.
- Cut the potatoes in strips, just like you would cut for french fries.
- Heat oil in the pan. Once hot, put the potatoes in the pan.
- Add tumeric powder, chilli powder(optional), coriander powder and salt.
- Fry the potatoes a little and then cover and cook till the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
Enjoy with hot rotis, pooris or parathas...:)