It looks like I am on a roll. I love fabric flowers and these days I have been making quiet a few of different kinds of fabric flowers. I used these to dress up a gift. But these pretty things can be used to beautify lot of things - hairbands, purses, sweaters and lot of other things.
So, shall we get to how these flowers are made.
Fabric - I used satin
Needle and thread
A small piece of tulle (optional)
Black embroidery thread
- Cut out different sizes of circle fabric.
- Now slightly burn the edges of the fabric, by slightly taking the fabric close to a candle, not too close or the fabric will catch fire. Doing this will not let the fabric fray.
- Make slits in each of the circles and slightly burn the raw edges, so that the fabric does not fray, just like the picture below.
I cut and used five different circle sizes of fabric.
- Layer the different sizes with the largest one at the bottom and smallest on the top. Top the layers of fabric with the small piece of black tulle and a small pom-pom made of embroidery thread.
- That's it. Easy-peasy..:)