So here are the instructions to make these pom-poms.
- Fork ( For the size I am making, forks work well or you can even wrap the yarn around your fingers.)
- Start by taking an end of the yarn and pass through the middle of the fork just like the picture below.
- And then start wrapping the yarn around the fork
- Wrap about 30-35 times. Dpending on how fuller you want your pom-pom to be you can wrap more or less times. So you get something like the picture below. Then leave a length of yarn like 10-15" and cut the yarn.
- Now you have to tie the wrapped yarn in the middle. For this, take the end of the yarn and pass it through the middle of the fork just like the picture below.
- Then go over the top of the wrapped yarn and bring it down and pass through the middle of the fork again.
- Do this looping in the middle of the wrapped yarn a couple of times to make it secure.
- Pull the end of the yarn, used to tie the wrapped yarn, to tie it tightly and tie a knot. So you get something like this.
- Take your scissors and cut the loops of the yarn.
-Keep cutting all the loops. Once you have cut all the loops you will get a fluffed yarn ball.
- Fluff your yarn ball and also trim the edges to make a nice ball.
You can use this ball in a number of ways. I used it to decorate birthday hats and also for gift wrapping. You can even make pom pom garlands by making and joining a number of pom-poms.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here and here.