On to the recipe
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar till they are light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix it well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about one hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Remove half of the chilled dough from the refrigerator and roll out the dough in a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Cut out desired shape and place it a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet with the cut cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill before baking. This will prevent the cookie from spreading and loosing its shape while baking.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or the edges of the cookies are slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool before frosting or decorating.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.