So, I had just two sheets of orange paper which I thought will be perfect for my pumpkins. I had all the things I needed set on the table and had just walked away for just few minutes. When I returned, I see my little one scribbling on my orange paper. I had just two sheets of orange left and now after some scribbling, there was actually less than two sheets left...:( Oh the joys of being a parent...
If you look at my pumpkins closer, you can see I had to use some of the written on paper. Even though I had little less paper, these pumpkins turned out just fine.
ok, now to how to make these super easy pumpkins..
- Strips of craft paper.
- cardboard tubes from the paper towel roll.
- Cut the cardboard tube from the paper towel roll to the height of the pumpkin you want. And have the strips of craft paper cut to a length little longer than the length of the tube.
- Glue the ends of the strips to the ends of the tubes just like the picture below.
- Keep gluing the strips all around the tube till you are happy with how your pumpkin looks.
- I put a little branch from my yard in the tube to make the stem of the pumpkin.
Here are few other shots of my pumpkins.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.