If you love chocolate and who doesn't, you will love this. Chocolate mousse served in chocolate cups...yummm...
Anything you serve in little cups has to be good and what if the cups itself is made of chocolate.
For making chocolate cups:
8 oz Chocolate chips
1/2 cup Heavy cream
For the chocolate mousse :
8 oz chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 cup heavy cream
2 TBsp sugar
- Line a cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.
-To make the chocolate cups, melt chocolate either in microwave oven or over the double boiler. If using the microwave make sure to melt in short intervals, first for a minute and then for 20 sec intervals.Keep stirring the chocolate in between to check it is melted. Do not overheat the chocolates
- Once the chocolate is melted, pour about a tablespoon in each cupcake liner and coat the base and sides of the inside of the liner with the chocolate, just like the picture below.
- Place the cupcake pan in the fridge for atleast an hour for the chocolates to set.
- Once the chocolate cups are set and chocolate hardened, peel off the cupcake liners carefully.
- Your cups are ready to be filled with the chocolate mousse.
- For the mousse, in a bowl, put chocolate, vanilla extract and salt.
- Bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil on stovetop and then slowly pour the hot cream to the chocolate mixture and keep whisking it, till you get a smooth mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Beat till stiff peaks form.Fold whipped cream to chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture in the chocolate cups. You can decorate the cups with a dollop of whipped cream and or chocolate shavings or chocolate syrup.
To check other recipes visit Recipes tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin