Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Crepe Paper Tassel Garland




This was such an easy project. I needed to make a garland for the Mario Birthday I planned some days back. I had a bunch of colorful crepe paper streamers, so thought of making this quick garland. It was such an inexpensive and easy way to bring some color to the party.





When I was making the garland for the party, I forgot to take pictures. So now for the instructions I made the garland again and hence the color of the streamers in the instructions are different than the garland I had for the party. You can use the same color streamers for the garland or multi color as I did for the Mario party.

You can make tassel garland with fabric or tissue paper too and that would look great as well.

You'll need
------------
Crepe paper streamers.
String/twine

Steps:
--------

- Cut 8 strips of streamers of the same length. You don't need to measure to have the streamers exactly the same length. Just approximate would work just fine. I had mine cut to approximately 9" in length. You can use shorter or longer length of streamer depending on how you want your tassel to be.



- Hold all 8 strips together and tie the strips with the twine at one end just like the picture below.



- Cut another 8 strips of streamers and tie it together in the twine leaving a little gap in the twine of approx 9" - 10".


- Keep on making the tassels and tying it to the twine to make the garland.



Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

14 comments:

  1. Totally cute and easy, I think I can do this :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely can Michelle..:)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. How fun, I love this idea. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute garland. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi and Charly for stopping by and for your comment..:)

      Delete
  4. You've done it again - so beautiful but so easy to make. Thanks for linking this wonderful post up to my “Themed Blog & Shop Hop!” http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2014/05/themed-blog-shop-hop-colorful-gardens.html
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie for your sweet comment...:)

      Delete
  5. well-noted Priyam and thanks for sharing it. I can definitely do the same thing to spice up the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, thank you for sharing. Added to The Really Crafty Link Party Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easier than I thought, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it..:)
      Thank you Sandra for stopping by!

      Delete