Chocolate Barks are very versatile. You could makes these in various kinds, with different types of nuts and cherries. You could basically add whatever you like and play with different textures and make whatever you want.
For the bark I made, I used pecans.
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate.
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in microwave. Just remember that chocolate burns quiet easily, so melt the chocolate in the microwave first for a minute and then stir it. If it hasn't melted then microwave it in increments of 20 seconds or so.
- Once the chocolate is melted mix the nuts and coat it well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in the prepared sheet pan and spread it in an even layer of about an inch.
- Refrigerate until firm and then cut or break into pieces.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.