Friday, January 3, 2014

Easy Backdrop/Decor


For our Christmas party this year, I wanted to have some kind of decor in our kitchen area. This is the place where we all gather, since this is where the food is...:) But I couldn't find any nice and affordable decor which I liked. So the night before the party I made these hanging thingys, which I loved..:) I put few strands of these above the kitchen island and it looked great.





I made it with plain printing paper, but it would be great even with any colored paper or silver and golden  for like New Year's party.

You'll need:
-------------
Paper - color of your choice
Thread to stick the paper on.

Steps;
-------

- Cut paper into different size circles. I cut circles of approx 3", 4", 5" and 6"
- Placed the circles on the thread few inches apart, just like the picture below and just taped it.





Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.



13 comments:

  1. love it had to take a second look and wow loved it even more
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea.........and very festive.

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nelie!
      And thank you for stopping by..:)

      Delete
  3. What a fun way to decorate! Thanks for sharing it at Sewlicious Home Decor this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea...and the fact that you call it hanging thingys. That's totally something I would do! Thanks so much for sharing this with our Frugal Crafty Home readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie. I know, sometimes I just don't have words to explain things I do..:)

      Delete
  5. Simple, easy, and festive - that's my kind of craft right there. :) Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger for the visit and your comment..:)

      Delete
  6. I love this idea!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess for the invitation. Would love to share with the group..:)

      Delete
  7. Yes, this would look great with colored or glitter paper. Love the idea, thank you for sharing it at The Really Crafty Link Party. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete