Now, how perfect does that look! and it tasted heavenly too...:)
We have been working on many home projects and some of them I am documenting to put it in a post, but till I have those posts ready, here's an easy dessert for you. This is such an easy dessert, I should make it often. I made this a couple of days ago after many days and wondered how I forgot to make it earlier.
My mom used to make these quiet often and we all used to love it. This is one of my uncle's favorite dessert too. Whenever we visited him for his birthday we would make and take it for him.
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
1 cup milk
5 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs beater
1 tsp vanilla.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon water with 1/4 cup sugar over medium heat until sugar is completely melted. Bring to a boil and cook on medium low heat till it turns into a golden syrup. Remove from heat and carefully stir 1 tablespoon of hot water into the caramel syrup.
- Pour caramel syrup in 8x8 inch baking dish or in baking ramekins and let it sit.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk and 5 tablespoons of sugar till the sugar is completely dissolved. Whisk eggs into the milk mixture. Add vanilla and mix it in.
- Pour the egg mixture over the caramel.
- Place the pan or the ramekins in a large baking dish and pour enough water into the outer pan to reach 1/2 inch up the sides of the inner pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the pudding has set.
( this is how it looked when I took it out of the oven)
- Let it cool for 10 minutes and then put in the fridge.
- Serve it chilled. If you are using ramekins, you can serve it inverted, like I did. Just slide a knife around the edges, put a serving plate on top of the ramekins and then flip it over.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin