You know how it is sometimes, you just cannot capture a picture of something the way you actually see it. These paper wisteria are so much better in person, but I just couldn't capture a good shot which does justice to how good it actually looks. I still have to work on my photography skills..:D
Make a whole bunch to decorate for your party area or to make a backdrop.
- Paper (colored or white of your choice)
- Straw or beads
- Cut out different sizes flower petals from the paper. I just free hand drew on the paper different sizes of the petals and cut them out.
-After I cut out the petals, gently roll up the ends of the petals using a pencil. This way the petals won't lie straight but have some depth when you string them up.
- Now that you have a bunch of different sized petals ready, we can start to string them up, starting from the largest ones first to be on the top of the string and then next smaller sized petals.
- To string the petals in the string, cut a slit between two petals till the center of the flower petal and slide the petal around the string using the slit, just like the picture below.
- Put glue on one side of the petal with the slit
- And overlap the petal on the other side of the slit to glue the two petals on either side of the slit together. This way the petals will be in a little cup shape and will not lie flat when stringing them together.
- Keep stringing the petals and bead between the petals with the biggest petals on top and slowly decreasing the size of the petals as you go along
- After you put the smallest petal in, at the end string a bead and tie a knot, so that the petals stay in place in the string.
- There you have it. You can make these wisteria as long or short you want...:)
And then hang these beautiful wisterias for your decoration.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin