I thought of posting these mini pinatas that I made for Cinco de Mayo. But as usual, I was late in having the post ready..:(
Oh well, I will be early for next year. But you don't have to wait for Cinco de Mayo to make these pinatas. You can make it for any colorful party that you will be hosting next. Great for either decoration or as party favors. And you can make these in no time at all...:)
Ok let me get to the tutorial to make these mini pinatas..
- Cardboard roll from the paper Towel Roll
- Square piece of tissue paper to close the mouth of the paper roll
- Crepe Paper for decorating the pinatas
- Candies/Confetti to fill the pinatas
- Take a square piece of tissue paper big enough to cover the mouth of the paper towel roll.
- Fold the paper in half and make a tiny slit, just like the picture below. See the picture for the size of the slit. Note the tip of the scissor on the paper. That's how small the slit needs to be.
- Now open up the paper and fold the paper again in half, this time perpendicular to the earlier fold and make tiny slit right perpendicular to the earlier slit. This will make a cross slit in the middle of the paper. The slit can be seen clearly in the next picture.
- Now take this piece of paper and cover the mouth of the roll and use tape or glue to stick , just like the picture below. You can see in the picture the cross slit that we created in the previous step.
- Take a small piece of ribbon, which will be used to pull or open the pinata and use a tape to stick right on top of the slit.
- Take another piece of ribbon, or in my case a piece of twine and stick on the inside of the open side of the roll to make a loop. This will be used to hang the pinata. This open end of the pinata is also used to fill pinata with little trinklets, candies and confetti.
- Now to decorate the pinata. Take strips of colorful crepe paper and make fringes.
- Glue these fringes onto the paper roll.
- Keep gluing till the roll is all covered up.
Fill up the pinata. And when you are ready to break the pinata, just pull on the ribbon at the bottom of the pinata...:)
You can just give them as favors or even hang them up as party decorations.
To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.
Linking this to these awesome parties here, here, here and here.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin