Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Aprons - Resue/Recyle project


In the coming weeks, one of my kids will have Greek unit at school, where they have to dress up in Greek attire. They have lots of fun during this unit, which also includes participating in Greek Olympics.
Usually kids wear a chiton made out of bedsheets for this. So earlier today was looking for old bedsheets to make a chiton. Which I did start to make with a old bedsheet I found, but then I was also remembering the other times, I have reused or recycled my old bedsheets..:)

One of those times was when I used the bedsheet to make aprons for my little one and her friends. These aprons were perfect for the cooking bday we had for her. I embellished them with fabric yo-yos. You can find the tutorial to make these yo-yos here.

If you are looking to make aprons, do give it a try to make it on your own. This is a pretty simple sewing project. I wish I took pictures while making one.  But maybe I can still walk you through making one, which is not too much steps anyways 😀. Cut a piece of cloth in the shape of an apron and hem all the edges. Then I made ribbons for the waist and also to go around the neck and sewed them on. That's pretty much it. I tried to make it pretty by attaching fabrics yo-yos that I made too.


You can see more pictures from the cooking bday here. There are lot of great ideas and diys  available at that link, tutorials for which are also posted.  Hope you get some inspirations 😊

To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top. And for party ideas, click on 'Party Ideas' tab.

Do follow my blog in InstagramFacebook and/or Pinterest.


8 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post went ahead and made my day. i really like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the most important pieces of information for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed by the way you have explained things in this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers! Thanks a lot for sharing this post. I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate your quality stuff, really so useful and informative blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks a lot for sharing great content with us. Good work.

    ReplyDelete