Sunday, January 21, 2024

Lemon Posset

 


Oh man, I can't even begin to tell you how delicious this was. And one of the easiest dessert I have ever made, I mean literally it takes just a few minutes. 

I was looking for something to make with lemons, because of the amount of lemons we get from our tree and I was eager to try something new. When I came across this recipe, I had to try it. With just three ingredients needed to make this, I already had everything I needed.

I am so glad I came across this recipe and tried it. It was so good, that I had to note it down, to remember to make it next time. 

I hadn't heard about Posset before, so had to look it up. According to wikipedia, A Posset was originally a popular British hot drink made of milk curdled with wine or ale, often spiced which was often used as a remedy.


INGREDIENTS
16 ounces heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar 
5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice and zest about one large lemon



INSTRUCTIONS
 
- Bring cream and sugar to boil over a medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium, and boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
-  Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest and let sit for 10 minutes to cool.
- Stir mixture again and divide among six ramekins or glasses.
- Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and chill until set, 1 hour or overnight.
- Allow to set completely before garnishing with fresh berries or mint.

To check other recipes, visit the Recipe tab at the top.
For crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 


11 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! My daughter in law loves lemon. She & my son are coming for a visit this weekend so I'm going to make this for her (& me). Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I hope you get to try it.

      Delete
  2. Amazing, looking so good, so off to the shops to get cream
    I visited you via The Answer Is Chocolate: BFF Open House
    My links: 110+111. We will be so happy if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Would love to share. Heading over right now :)

      Delete
  3. I read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is good! Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a lot to learn about this topic. I like all the points you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot more here, Please do keep up the excellent job you've done

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very interesting article and effective dude. Thankyou for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this information with us, Keep on bloggingg here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah! At last I got a website where I know how to obtain valuable facts

    ReplyDelete