It is best eaten when warm, maybe with a scoop of icecream too.
1 stick or 1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 2 1/3 cups)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook butter, whipping cream and brown sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally, just until butter is melted. Pour into 13x9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with pecans; top with sliced apples.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and apple pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Carefully spoon batter over apple mixture.
- Bake 41 to 47 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from pan. Place heatproof serving platter upside down on pan; carefully turn platter and pan over. Let pan remain over cake about 1 minute so caramel can drizzle over cake. Remove pan