Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas ball wreath


Its almost Christmas and I already started decorating the house for Christmas. Just few days back I made this Christmas ball wreath. This is all over the blogland and I thought I will make my own. I went to the Dollar tree store to get my supplies of Christmas balls of which I got plenty like 15 tubes of different sizes of balls. Each tube I think had 10 -12 balls depending on the size of the balls.


Supplies:
  • Christmas balls
  • Hanger- like the ones you get from the dry cleaners.
  • Hot glue gun
Instructions:




- Using the hot gun, glue the hanging thingy, I don't know what its called, but the thing on top of the ball used to string a thread to hang, those things you glue to the ball. This is to avoid later on that the ball just doesn't fall off .
- Take the hanger and straighten it leaving the hook form on one end. These hangers you get from the dry cleaners when you get your clothes back are pretty easy to work with.
- Now just string in all the balls using the hanging thingy on the balls. Stringing in some small balls in between helps in filling up the blanks or holes you might see.
- After you have finished stringing the balls, bring the ends of the hanger together to make it like a wreath and twist it to secure the wreath.
- Now use a ribbon to hang it from whereever you want.

These turned out beautifully and came together much faster than I expected.


One more look


 Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here.

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I'm going to try this! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's that time of year to start designing and crafting for Christmas, but it is! Thanks for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Cheryl, Christmas is almost here..:)
      And I love holiday season, who deosn't..
      Thanks for visiting and for your comment..

      Delete
  3. Great wreath. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I did one using burlap

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen these and they are beautiful. You did a great job. Thanks for linking up to Gingerly Made's Show & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I made one of these last year, but yours turned out so much better! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party. If you can, come and share your Christmas posts at the Holidays Celebration Party that is live now too (http://keepingitrreal.blogspot.com.es/2016/12/welcome-to-2016-the-holidays-celebration-link-party-1.html). Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Priyam, for linking your creative posts on Amanda's Books and More! Wishing you and your family a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a great Christmas and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday,516. We hope to see you back here again soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your lovely wreath at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete