1 1/2 cups all purpose flour1/2 cup cornstarch (corn flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Topping:1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Steps:- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated. Cover and refrigerate the batter for an hour or two, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- When batter is firm, form into small balls and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies just start to brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Put the confectioners sugar in a fine strainer and sprinkle the tops of the cookies with the sugar or in my case I rolled the cookies in the confectioners sugar.