I wanted to share the recipe of this lemon pudding cake that I made for Easter brunch. Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I took of these cakes from our Easter table. I wished I had taken more pictures to highlight these goodies. Oh well, maybe next time. But I did not want to wait till the next time I bake these before sharing the recipe or else I might forget.
I am always looking for recipes with lemon, so that I can use my harvest from our lemon tree. We had so many lemons, that I have started to freeze the lemon juice. Its convenient that way too, just take out a few lemon cubes and use it.
Ok, jumping to the recipe. The recipe is for 2 serving. I did double up the recipe and ended up making not 4 but 5 in my small ramekins. Though I just realized the picture shows just 2 ..:)
You will need:
1 large egg, separated, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl, beat egg yolk. Add sugar, milk, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and beat till smooth.
- In another bowl, beat egg white separately until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the egg white mixture gently into the lemon flour mixture.
- Pour in 2 ungreased ramekins. (cups will be very full)
- Place the cups in a baking pan with water.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and serve it with powdered sugar sprinkled on top or with whipping cream.
These cakes almost feels like the lemon lava cake. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.