Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Easy Paper Medallion


These paper medallions are great for decorating and can even be used to top gifts.  I have been making these paper medallions for a long time, accordion folding the paper and gluing the edges together, just like I mention in  the tutorial here.

But I found another way to make these and think its a much easy and quicker way to make these medallions.
So here it goes.

You'll need:
--------------
Paper
Staple
Glue

Steps:
-------
- For making these, I took an A4 size paper and cut in half lengthwise. We can make two from this paper.

-  Take the half sheet and fold in half



- And then fold it again


And again and again till the folded parts are like half an inch wide




- Now unfold the paper. You will get these crease lines.


- With these crease lines as guide, accordion fold the paper on those lines. Try it out, I think accordion folding it this way is much easier when there are existing crease lines.


- Staple in the middle of the strip like the picture below


- Now you cut the design of your choice.


- After the paper is cut, spread the paper apart


Glue the edges together to make medallion.





To check other crafts and tutorials visit Crafts/Tutorials tab on the top.

Linking this to these awesome parties hereherehere and here. 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. These are pretty. I used to make something similar at school as a kid :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Simple things can be fancy too. We didn't realize we were such fancy crafters back in the day too ;)

      Delete
  2. These are great, we were talking today about Christmas paper snowflakes so this is perfect timing #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! They remind me of snowflakes! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are "next level"! So gorgeous and I love the depth of them. Featuring when my party opens tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah these are beautiful and so pretty! might try some with the boys this weekend! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely! Like a more advanced version of the 'paper snowflakes' we make now and then x #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I love these - we used to make something similar as kids. #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids love making these you simply can't go wrong xx #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love making these when I was little - such fun! #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete